Joining AMSA National from the get go of your undergraduate career, benefits you the most in the association and our chapter is the most cost effective national student-run premed organization on campus. If you are serious about a career in the medical profession, we hope you choose concurrent local and national membership from the beginning!
Chapter Membership Requirements:
- University of Houston Main Campus student.
- After acceptance and joining of our local chapter, one must join AMSA National within the year to be officially affiliated and gain the most benefits.
- GPA of a 3.1 or higher (if below, we encourage you to still apply as a local temporary affiliate or honorary member for your first semester until your combined GPA qualifies you as a local member at which time you will be expected to join AMSA national.)
- If you’re a #newcoog freshman with no hours of college credit please put N/A as your GPA. You will be considered as a local temporary affiliate or honorary member until you have earned a GPA. After being accepted and joining as a temporary affiliate you are expected to join AMSA national as soon as your GPA qualifies you to be a local member in our chapter.
Only when your submitted application has been approved, can you join by paying membership dues.
Step 1) Download the 2017-18 Membership application online —>
- Then open in ADOBE
- Submit by filling out the application on your computer
- We prefer a non pdf so we can sign off on it
- Save it as your LAST & FIRST name
- Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Step 2) Once your application has been reviewed and approved and you have received your acceptance email, you can then pay your membership dues below. Be sure to pay the membership fee that you applied with on your application.
(Review process takes about 7 business days during the Summer)
To pay AMSA’s Local Semester Membership dues ($40), click the button below.
To pay AMSA’s Local Annual Membership dues ($55), click the button below.
To qualify and pay a discounted AMSA UH Local Annual Membership due of only $25 for purchasing an AMSA National Membership during the National Summer Promotion ( June 1, 2017 to August 21, 2017) *** ,
- You must first apply locally and be accepted officially.
- After you are accepted and invited to join officially by the membership director, you will be asked to pay dues.
- To take advantage of the promotion you will have to go to the AMSA National Site ( click the blue link ) to pay them $75 and document proof by being ready to screenshot your payment review – which includes what you have paid for with your name and valid membership dates of your National Membership purchase dated June 1, 2017 to August 21, 2017. To list your association in AMSA on your applications, Linkedin, resume or CV you must be a registered national member.
Step 1: Click the blue link below to join & pay National AMSA.
*** join AMSA on the national level here <———-pay & join National on this blue link
Step 2: Send us your screen shot of your payment review with name and dates valid visible and or amount you paid with your name and address. Once verified by the membership director, she will contact you by email to invite you to pay your discounted local due here on this site using the button below.
Step 3: Click the red Annual Dues button below to pay the discounted Local Annual dues.
Returning National AMSA members – your discounted annual due rate for the 2017-18 year is $35. Payable by the 3rd General meeting. ( Coming Soon : We are putting a button under this for this payment. Thank you for your patience)
Button Coming Soon !
Step 3) Welcome to the fAMSAly and become active!
Button Coming Soon !
Shirt Sizes: S, M, L, XL
True Cost Price (no profit) per shirt $15
Discounted Cost Price per shirt for Semester Members $10
Discounted Cost Price per shirt for Annual Members $5
Discounted Cost Price for first shirt for 1st time Concurrent National Local Members $0