Joining AMSA National from the get go of your undergraduate career, benefits you the most in the association and our chapter is the most cost effective national student-run premed organization on campus. If you are serious about a career in the medical profession, we hope you choose national membership and also join our chapter from the beginning!
Please fill out your applications today so we can start the approval process so you qualify for all these benefits! Join NationalAMSA ! It lasts your entire undergrad time. Joining AMSA National www.amsa.org also qualifies you for your initial local annual due $55 with a free T-shirt and subsequent years’ local annual dues of only $35. No other National or local Premed org has the access to resources and insight to share with you in your journey in the healthcare industry!
This is a fantastic opportunity to take advantage of:
- National membership lasts your entire undergraduate time.
- You get a discount on subsequent ( the following years’ ) local annual dues
- You get a free t-shirt locally for concurrently signing up
- You get Kaplan flash cards from National AMSA
- You get access to Podcasts to keep you abreast in leadership & success in the field of medicine
- You get The New Physicians Magazine from National AMSA
- You get the access to pertinent medical/healthcare information online
- You get to list being a member of AMSA on your resume, CV, LinkedIn, and your application
- You get to be a part of an organization that is helping change healthcare and the medical field and so much more
You can’t get a better deal than that for helping you toward your goal! Send in your application as soon as you can!
- University of Houston Main Campus student.
- After acceptance of application, one must join AMSA National then join locally within the year to be officially affiliated and gain the most benefits.
- GPA of a 3.1 or higher (if below, we encourage you to still apply as a local temporary affiliate or honorary member for your first semester until your combined GPA qualifies you at which time you will be expected to join AMSA national.)
- BCPM GPA of 3.1 or higher. It includes any of the following you have taken: Biology (BIOL)
Anatomy Biology Biophysics Biotechnology Botany Cell Biology Ecology Entomology Genetics Histology Immunology Microbiology Molecular Biology Neuroscience Physiology Zoology
Biochemistry Chemistry Physical Chemistry Thermodynamics
General Physics Astronomy University Physics
All Mathematics Applied Mathematics Biostatistics Statistics
- If you’re a #newcoog freshman with no hours of college credit please put N/A as your GPA. You will be considered as a local temporary affiliate or honorary until you have earned a GPA. After being accepted and joining as a temporary affiliate you are expected to join AMSA national as soon as your GPA qualifies you to be a in our chapter.
Only when your submitted application has been approved, can you join by paying dues.
Step 1) Download the 2017-18 local application online —>
- Then open in ADOBE
- Submit by filling out the application on your computer
- We prefer a non pdf so we can sign off on it
- Save it as your LAST & FIRST name
- Email it to email@example.com
Step 2) Once your application has been reviewed and approved and you have received your acceptance email, you can then pay your national membership dues @amsa.org and come back to this website and pay for local dues below. Be sure to pay the due that you applied with on your application.
(Review process takes about 7 business days during the Summer and 3 days during the Fall and Spring Terms)
As of 7/30/17 our buttons for payment of dues are these donation buttons. Please just fill in the corresponding amount of the due you qualify to pay. Please print your receipt for your records. We will receive an email from PayPal with the name of the payer and the amount they paid. Thank you for your patience and we apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you.
To pay chapter local semester dues ($40), click the button below.
To pay chapter local annual dues ($55), click the button below.
UPDATE – Promotion is now closed as of 10/20/17 –
To qualify and pay a discounted AMSA UH Local Annual due of only $25 or $35 for purchasing an AMSA National Membership during the National ($25) Summer Promotion : June 1, 2017 to August 21, 2017 or ($35) Fall Promotion : August 22, 2017- September 30, 2017) *** , You must first apply locally and be accepted officially. After you are accepted and invited to join officially by the membership director, you will be asked to pay dues. To take advantage of the promotion you will have to go to the AMSA National Site ( click the blue link ) to pay them XX using a discount code: Promotion Closed for a discounted due of only XX and document proof by being ready to screenshot your payment review – which includes what you have paid for with your name and valid membership dates of your National Membership purchase dated June 1, 2017 to August 21, 2017 or August 22 to September 30th. To list your association in AMSA on your applications, Linkedin, resume or CV you must be a registered national member. Step 1: Click the blue link below to join & pay National AMSA. *** join AMSA on the national level here <———-pay & join National on this blue link Step 2: Send us your screen shot of your payment review with name and dates valid visible and or amount you paid with your name and address. Once verified by the membership director, she will contact you by email to invite you to pay your discounted local due here on this site using the button below. Step 3: Click the sponsor button below to pay the discounted Local Annual dues.
Returning National AMSA members – your discounted annual local due rate for the 2017-18 year is $35. Payable by the 3rd General meeting. ( please submit an updated application so you can be re-registered as a local)
Step 3) Welcome to your future and become active!
Shirt Sizes: S, M, L, XL
True Cost Price (no profit) per shirt $15
Discounted Cost Price per shirt for Semester due payers $10
Discounted Cost Price per shirt for Annual due payers $5
Discounted Cost Price for first shirt for 1st time Concurrent National Membership and local due payer $0
Local Semester $40.00 USD
Local Annual $55.00 USD
Returning National Members Annual $35.00 USD
Summer Promotional Discounted Local Annual with proof of National Mmbsp by August 22nd $25.00 USD Fall Promotional Discounted Local Annual with proof of National Mmbsp by
Sept 30th October 19th $35.00 USD
T-shirt Additional $15.00 USD
T-shirt Semester payer $10.00 USD
T-shirt Annual payer $5.00 USD