TO BE CONSIDERED ACTIVE:
Members must attend:
- 75% of all general meetings a semester
- 3 professional development workshops a year
- 2 medical school events a year
- 3 health & community volunteer events per semester
- 3 fundraising events (volunteer or provide supplies or provide advertising to 10 UH contacts for advertising our fundraising event on social media or text) per semester
- 3 social & wellness events per semester
Non-active members are those who have applied, paid their dues, and are a registered AMSA member, yet have not conformed to the above requirements to be considered an active member.
At the conclusion of each semester, the three top active members with the highest accumulated points will receive a shadowing opportunity in the Texas Medical Center.