Our former AMSA UH Officer Ton La Jr., also known as T.J. , who is a first-year MD/JD student at Baylor College of Medicine, the new AMSA National Student Editor of The New Physician, and is a voting member of AMSA’s Board of Trustees will be joining us at our first General Meeting on Thursday, August 31st. More about T.J. click here
AMSA’s National Membership Director Rachel Glassford may or may not be able to be at our first GM. She has a B.S. in Biochemistry and a Masters in Public Health and is changing our future and the community with her efforts in healthcare and AMSA.
They are passing along some great news for those whom haven’t already joined AMSA: “Just wanted to share the AMSA National membership discount code with you to share with all prospective members: AMSAPREZ
It’s valid for all of August and September ($60 for national membership)”
This is a fantastic opportunity to take advantage of:
- National membership lasts your entire undergraduate time.
- It is usually $75, but if you use the code it’s only $60 until the end of September
- You’ll get a discounted local annual due for signing up until August 21st of only $25 in which you don’t have to pay until the third GM
- You get a free t-shirt locally for concurrently signing up
- You get Kaplan flash cards from National AMSA
- You get The New Physicians Magazine from National AMSA
- You get the access to pertinent medical/healthcare information online
- You get to list being a member of AMSA on your resume, CV, LinkedIn, and your application
- You get to be a part of an organization that is helping change healthcare and the medical field and so much more
You can’t get a better deal than that for helping you toward your goal! Send in your application as soon as you can!
The next promotion for a concurrent local annual discounted due will run from August 21st to the end of September it will be $35. With the generously offered national due discount code, a national membership will be $60 until the end of September as well.